If you finally decided to study in Japan, then you must know the entire processing procedure. Because all students who want to study in Japan whether it is 6 months or more must secure a Japan student visa. Usually, international students ask for assistance through an Educational Agency to obtain this type of visa in an easier way. And our agency can help you out through the whole process.
Primarily, you need a COE or Certificate of Eligibility to get a student visa. So, what is COE? It is a certificate when inviting someone from overseas and making him/her stay in Japan for a long period of time. And this document is required for the application for a student visa. Below is the step-by-step application guide in obtaining a COE and then, a student visa.
FAIR Inc. will give you information about the various types of visas in Japan, including the application process, requirements, and more. Please don’t fail to watch our new videos by subscribing to our new Youtube channel, here.
The Entire Process of Applying for Japan Student Visa
1. Choose a school.
After choosing a school, then you can email the school or the agency, and they will send you an application form along with the list of required documents. If you have an agent, then he or she will help you find a school in Japan.
2. Complete the application form accordingly.
You should avoid mistakes in filling out the form, so coordinating with an agent is very important.
3. Prepare the required documents below for the application of COE.
4. Submit all the documents together with the application form and pay the application fee.
For students who avail of agency assistance, they need to send it to them to check for any errors before forwarding it back to the school.
5. Submission of your application form to the Immigration Bureau in Japan.
After the school received all the documents and they will submit them together with your application form to the Immigration Bureau in Japan.
6. Wait for the issuance of COE.
The approval of the COE application will take up to 2-3 months and they will issue the COE afterward. The school will then send you the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) after the Immigration Bureau approves your application.
7. Once you received the COE, you can now apply for a student visa.
With your COE, you are now eligible to apply for a student visa at the Japanese Embassy in your country. To know where the Japanese Embassy is in your country, you can search for it online. The following documents are required during the application.
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE)- the original document (make sure to get it back after the issuance of student visa because you will need it upon your arrival in Japan.
- Valid Passport
- A photo was taken within the past 3 months
- Completed Visa application form from the Japanese embassy or consulate
- Certificate of Admission – given to you by the school
- Other additional documents the consulate may request for, depending on the country.
Here are the steps to apply for a Japan student visa:
- Contact a Japanese Embassy or Consulate near you.
- Gather the needed documents for a Japan Student Visa.
- Submit your student visa application either directly at the Embassy/Consulate or visa application agency.
- Wait for the release date.
8. Receive your student visa.
Once you applied for the student visa, it will usually take 3-7 days to know the result. You could also ask the embassy to know the certain waiting period.
However, having the requirements fulfilled won’t guarantee obtaining a student visa. There’s still a chance that the embassy will deny your application. Purchasing a plane ticket at this time would not be a good option and too risky. It is best to wait for the issuance of your visa before you purchase a ticket or book a flexible ticket that enables you to change your travel dates for whatever reason.
What To Do When You Arrived in Japan?
You should arrive in Japan within three months after the issuance of your COE. At the immigration counter, you have to provide your flight ticket, Visa and COE. They will then give you a Resident Card.
Note: They will give you a resident card at the immigration counter of Narita, Haneda, Chubu, Chitose, Hiroshima, or Fukuoka airports. You will learn more about a Resident Card in another article.
Take note of these!
Applying for a Japan Student Visa definitely needs an educational agency because it makes the application process easier. So if ever you need assistance, well we are here to serve you, and help you fulfill your dream to study abroad in Japan. And we assure you that we’ll give you excellent services throughout the entire process.
For more information about Visa price, please click the link below:
VISA Support Service
Please check our very affordable all-in-one Japan Omakase Package by clicking the picture below.
You will get all the services you need.
Feel free to contact us by filling out the form below.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
FAIR Japan provides useful information about Japan.
No comments yet.