Opening a bank account is a must for international student living in Japan especially those who are planning to stay longer. However, it is not necessary for those who plan to get a short-term education, less than six months.
To have a bank account while studying abroad in Japan makes life easier. So, if you need assistance in banking processing procedure, we’ll do it on your behalf. There are several banks to choose from in Japan that allows international students to open an account, but we recommend opening an account in Yucho Bank and Shumishin SBI Net Bank.
You can also try online banking which is the most convenient way to pay your bills it also has cheaper service fees. We will be providing assistance to apply for online banking in Yucho Bank and Shumishin SBI Net Bank. If you want to know the benefits of Online Banking, then read the article, “Why You Need a Bank Account in Japan” for more details.
Here are the lists of necessary documents required when opening an account to both banks.
- Residence card
- Non-Resident Documents
- Working Japanese phone number
- Requires to open an account in a Yucho bank nearest your residential address.
- We can not guarantee to open a bank account with Yucho will be 100% successful.
※Kanto area only
SBI Sumishin Net Bank
- Copy of Health Insurance Certificate＋public receipt or invoice
- Copy of Resident card＋public receipt or invoice
Public receipt or invoice (with your address and full name) from electricity、water、gas、Home phone（except IP phone）and Mobile phone (NHK).
- Copy of receipt or invoice from the website is not acceptable
- All original documents must not older than 3 months.
- Opening a bank account requires a visit to our office.
- We can not guarantee an opening of a bank account with SBI will be 100% successful.
Best Deal Package Plan
Try our best deal Japan Omakase Package offers a series of support services before and after entry to Japan, which also includes assistance services for opening Yucho Bank account.
For more information, please click the picture below:
Enjoy the 25% off on service fee for opening Yucho Bank account and 50% off for Sumu-shin Net Bank.
Best deal ever!!!
Just fill in the form below for price quotation and other inquiries. Please feel free to contact us.